Wednesday 3 August 2011

Physiatry Blues.

Evening (:

Today has been rather eventful if I say so myself, I had my appt with my Physiatrist... Let's call him Mr F. So my appointment was at 1pm, I got there just over 5 minutes late due to traffic but that's to be expected as it is the summer holidays! So I sat in the waiting area listening to Adele on the ol' iPod... 10 minutes turned into 20 minutes, 20 minutes turned into half an hour etc.. You get the gist of where im going with this! At this point all the other therapists and staff who worked their were wondering why I was still sat there for 45 minutes?! So me and the bearded guy at the desk made a pact, if Mr F didn't show up by 2pm then I would go home & leave a message for my physiatrist! As 2pm was approaching I just though f*ck it, im not waiting any longer I mean it was boiling hot (26 degrees) my appt was meant to be an hour ago plus my mum was waiting for me outside in the car park!!

 Two minutes later who shows up? None other than Mr. F, I was pretty pissed off at this point with him, he didn't even have a reason as to why he was late! I mean how rude... "Sorry Emma, I have other important things than to show up at the correct time for your appointment!" Urgh he annoys me so much, he never stop pushing me into medication. Im on Prozac, i've got Valium and now he's pushing Risperidone onto me, im sorry if I don't really want my body full of chemicals! Sure I want to get better, very much so but I don't believe meds are the only way... My physiatrist seems to think that because I am refusing the medication that it's because I don't want to get better!! Mr. F makes me extremely frustrated, especially doesn't help when he ignores what you say time and time again!

Certainly in the future I will be reviewing my meds with my GP!

                                                              Emma x

No comments:

Post a Comment